Sunday, September 16, 2007

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr



A bit of a change from my usual, albeit sporadic posts. This story goes back to the 4th of July, a day of celebration, parades and fireworks. This day was like many other summer days for me, wake up and go surfing. I don't do the parades, but I do love the fireworks. Unlike me, a local pirate named Yellowbeard was full steam ahead at the Wellfleet 4th of July parade, with his merry crew in tow.
Later on that day, Caleb, Yellowbeard's given name, was involved in a serious skateboarding accident. He was in rough shape and had to be sent to Boston for treatment. He is still in serious condition, but is making strides every day.

A blog was started for Caleb: calebpotter.blogspot.com

This blog has been so inspirational to me. It has shown me how a whole community can rally behind one it's beloved. I can't stop thinking about the proverb: "it takes a (whole) village to raise a child". I have seen first hand that this old proverb still rings true.

I was repairing the nose on my old longboard about a month ago and I decided to tip my hat to ol Yellowbeard.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

your link is messed up, i think you have an extra 'www.blogger.com' in there...nice pics

7:33 AM  
Blogger markmcc said...

Good looks Bean, I fixed it.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home