Sunday, August 12, 2007

Das Brat


Undoubtedly, the funnest car ever made. I reserve a special place in my heart for the Subaru engineers and designers for making that piece of glory happen. Like many of my older cars, I don't have any digital pics of it, and I don't know if I have any photographs of it either, I'm on the hunt, though. I know there must be a pic somewhere.

My favorite of the two brats I owned was my first, a beige, 1984 Brat. This thing was gangster, it had a great vanity plate on the front bumper of a great beach sunset, ejection seats in the back, shift on the fly 4wd, t-tops (not to be taken out, just flipped up). A great around town vehicle, aside from having a wimpy 75 hp 1.8 liter engine, it was perfect for the beach, or the snow or just putzing around with two stooges in the back.
I bought it from my man Pandula for $500, he wanted $700, so we bargained for a while before he gave in. I think it was in the fall of 1996 and I drove that thing for a while before having to retire it at Christmas break of 1998. I have so many great, funny stories with the ol brat. I could write a book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

there we go

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home