Sunday, September 02, 2007

Rough rider

94 Mazda Navajo
I think this thing looked pimp, but it was too much to keep up. I wanted to soup it up and make it trail ready, but, time and $$$ weren't on either of our sides. This thing was bone stock. 5 speed stick shift, manual windows/locks and buckets up front. I liked the bare bone look though. I think it looks like a government rig. The thing has a few notable add-ons, a bull bar up front, wind and rain deflectors for the windows, pioneer CD deck.
I bought this thing on E-Bay, sight unseen for $1500, ironically the same price I paid for my new Volkswagen Golf. It had about 122,000 miles and was from Connecticut, so i drove down there and picked this baby up. The thing was clean and drove nice, but I noticed after hitting a pot hole that the suspension was much different than the Toyota Camry I was driving prior to this. The thing looked good, but the suspension and undercarriage looked like swiss cheese. I swear the guy I bought it off must have let the thing bathe in salt water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home